June 9, 2009

What to do?!!

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to do my HIDA scan. Not because I am scared or because I just feel like being a pain in the ass. But when I called the tech that does the scan he to see if it was compatible with breastfeeding he says "you just have to stop for 3 weeks and then its safe to continue" Are you freaking serious. Like 3 weeks is nothing. When I had to stop nursing for 4 days after my biopsy, I laid in bed and listen to my baby screaming because he hates a bottle and just wanted to nurse. And I have already had an ultrasound and x-rays that say my gallbladder is fine. So whats the point right??

So that is my problem. I am wanting to put off the test until I hit the one year mark....in 6 months. But I don't know what else to do. In my head it is more important to feed my kid. Not that I have nothing against formula, my first baby was a formula baby. But being able do this this time around has been so rewarding to my soul.

I called the Pediatrician and she said just to wait 48 hours. But I cant take that chance with my baby. I still have to call my liver Dr's and make sure that the dye they uses is safe for my liver. And my hematologist to make sure it wont affect my blood. Oh what to do. I just want it to be vacation time already. The beach, even if its a Texas beach and not pacific blue water, sounds so much better than more tests!

So if you were me, what would you do?

No comments :

Post a Comment