The first time I saw the new RAGÚ Homestyle Sauces, I knew I was going to have to try them. Better yet, I knew exactly which one of Dads recipes I would use it in too. Im so thankful to have these written down. And not just because they are in his handwriting, but because he never measured and it was nice to finally have some measurements. Usually spices were measured in "some" or "a big pinch."
When someone mentions Homestyle cooking what do you think of? I think of the many days I sat on our kitchen counter watching Dad make dinner. I remember standing on a stool and helping cut peel and mince garlic, I loved being the taste tester. And I think of having all these memories of my boys and I doing the same thing. That's homestyle to me. It doesn't have to be made from scratch or the be made with fancy ingredients. But something made with family and a whole lot of love.
- 1 jar of RAGÚ Homestyle Sauces
- 1lb ground beef or turkey
- 10oz pasta of your choice. Elbow and Rotini are my fav
- 1 medium onion
- 1t chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 c grated cheese
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the onions and meat till no longer pink.
- Add 1t chili powder and other spices to taste.
- Mix the pasta into the meat.
- Add 1 c of of Ragu Homestyle Sauce or more if needed.
- Stir in grated cheese until everything is mixed well.
- Serve up and enjoy.