I know its been really quiet around here. David has been home all week and the boys are off school. Add in 3 holiday dinners, 2 sick boys and lots of visitors, I haven't had time to sit. And yes, I did stay up late, but I am so close to making my reading goal for the year, so, forgive me if I am a little scarce until the new year. I know, I'm a nerd. I embrace it!
So this is Christmas. The first year in a few that the boys had more than a few presents under the tree. All of Davids long hours and late nights paid off. The stress was worth the smiles and screams as they opened each one too. Man did it feel good. We even managed to get each other a few things, which we never do.
The little sister and her boyfriend even made it to dinner and that was the icing on the cake. Who knew a two hour drive could feel like she is a state away. I can't wait for them to move back to town again. I miss her. We all do.
The boys are both stuffed up with allergies and asked to stay at Grandmas. They needed some extra loving and my house needed some serious picking up. Looks like Davids hate of clutter is rubbing off on me and I am about ready to take my tree down. I feel so crowded. And I'm a little bitter about some of the lights going out and not being able to find the fuse that has them all blowing out.
Enough about that though. Yes it is Christmas, but its also Friday, so here are a few things that made me happy this week.
1. First off David being home for a whole week has been the best. God I missed this man while he was working crazy hours. And even though he will still not be home as early as we would like him to be, we are just glad hes home for bedtime.
2. We went back to the Zoo. Don't judge me. Its my happy place. I could spend hours in the snake house. Next time, I should Periscope it. That would be fun!
3. Alex went to his first birthday party and had a blast. His birthday is coming up in a few weeks and he is already planning it. He is thinking about going back to the same place. Because anywhere that has bins full of Legos is a win in his book.
4. Snickerdoodles. Nuff said.
5. A day downtown with my boys. We played at the park, walked the river walk and did a little last minute shopping at the Mall.
6. Having friends over for dinner and a movie. I finally saw Christmas Vacation.
7. Seeing my little sister, even if just for a few hours, always makes for a happy heart.
8. Jewelry. I don't wear much, but I do love what I have. My little sister got me earrings with Joe Manganiello on them. She said they are ugly but I will wear them anyways just because she got them for me. David would not be out done and surprised me with a silver and diamond anchor necklace that was just the best present ever.
9. Seeing the boys faces light up when they opened their presents. And also hearing them talk about how Santa only gave them one present because he has so many other children to give to. They are so sweet. 90% of the time.
10. Family. I miss my family every day, but Davids parents are amazing. His mom will listen to me talk about things I like all year long and then at Christmas she never disappoints. This year she got me some awesome coloring books and pencils. She even chose the ones that I had been wanting. She knows me well!